uOttawa Campus Conservatives?

There exists on our campus a secret society. A group of students who conspire to act out their political beliefs. They want to be able to tell people what they believe . . . but I digress . . .


Last night they hosted their executive debates for the two contested positions. I remember when I was a member of the former club, back in 2001, we just appointed people, and apparently, this is the first year they are going to have to vote.


I am not an official member of the club, I am 'small c' conservative. [I identify as a pragmatist or sometimes as progressive (small 'p').] I think it is important for politically minded people to get involved in politically minded activities. While I disagree on a number of major issues with the ideology of the Conservative Party of Canada, I can find common ground with members of the party and clubs on numerous other facets of political life. The same goes for the other political clubs and associations on campus, whether they be Liberal or NDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment