Letter to Dean Haldenby

March 17, 2009

Dean Haldenby, President
Student Federation of the University of Ottawa
Jock Turcot University Centre
07-85 University Private
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
Fax: (613) 562-5969


Dear Mr. Haldenby:

FRUSTRATION. DISAPPOINTMENT. MELANCHOLY.
These are the three words to display the emotions I felt on March 13 as I was sitting in attendance at the Board of Administration (BOA) special meeting. What I witnessed was our leader, our president, flagrantly disregard the SFUO Constitution.

What I witnessed was our student federation, which claims to hold the values of dignity, equity, human rights, and positive space become besmirched by the inappropriate and unacceptable actions of some of its leaders.

What I witnessed at that BOA meeting can only be described as gross negligence to uphold the values and principles that the SFUO claims to have. Your true colours as the President of this federation, and who you support have been made unequivocally clear Mr. Haldenby.

I write this letter to convey my utter disappointment with you and your executive. I have lost faith in the SFUO’s ability to govern.

Sincerely,



Kenneth Joly
Social Science

No comments:

Post a Comment